Benefits of Self-Publishing and Our 20-Week Turnkey Publishing Process
As a writer, you have a story to tell, and self-publishing can be the perfect way to get your message out to the world. In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of self-publishing and how our 20-week Turnkey Process can help you achieve your publishing goals.
Our 20-Week Turnkey Process
At Streamline Books, we offer a comprehensive 20-week Turnkey Process that can help you navigate the self-publishing process with ease. Here’s a breakdown of the services we offer:
- Outline Curation – We will work with you to curate a detailed outline that captures the essence of your book. This will serve as a roadmap for the writing and editing process.
- Writing and Editing Services – Based on the needs of the client, we offer writing and editing services to help you polish your manuscript. Our team of experienced editors and writers can help you bring your ideas to life and ensure that your book is ready for publication.
- Cover Design – We believe that a great book cover is essential to catching readers’ attention. A member of our graphic design team will create a custom cover that reflects the essence of your book and attracts potential readers.
- Typesetting – We understand the importance of having a well-designed interior for your book. We will format your book so that it looks professional and is easy to read.
- Publishing on KDP – We will handle the publishing process for you, including uploading your book to KDP, the self-publishing platform for Amazon. This ensures that your book will be available to millions of readers worldwide. KDP provides a print-on-demand and distribution solution for paperback and hardback versions of your book. We will also make your book available in Ebook format.
- Custom Printing Options – In addition to publishing to KDP, we offer custom printing options for those who prefer print details that exceed KDP’s capabilities. We can work with you to produce high-quality printed books that meet your needs.
Throughout the entire Turnkey Process, we make it easy for you to collaborate with our team. We use software including Google Apps to keep you in the loop and ensure that everyone is on the same page. This includes Google Docs for writing and editing, Google Meet for video conferencing, and Google Drive for file storage. For developmental edit projects, we also provide collaboration in the form of free access to Basecamp: our trusted project management system. We have poured countless hours into Basecamp to provide you with the best accountability possible.
We believe that each author has unique needs and style, so we build a team around every client that best fits their individual needs. We will ensure that you have the support you need to bring your book to life.
In conclusion, self-publishing can be a rewarding experience, and our 20-week Turnkey Process can make it easier than ever. With our comprehensive range of services, collaborative approach, and custom team-building, we can help you bring your book to the world. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your publishing goals.
Bonus: Famous Authors Who Got Their Start Self-Publishing
Self-publishing has become a viable option for aspiring authors to get their work out into the world, and many successful authors have paved the way by self-publishing their books. These authors prove that self-publishing can lead to incredible opportunities and literary success. Let’s take a look at some famous authors who started their journey by self-publishing.
E.L. James – The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy by E.L. James took the publishing world by storm. What started as a self-published e-book on a fan fiction website turned into a global phenomenon, selling millions of copies worldwide and eventually being picked up by a traditional publisher.
Amanda Hocking – Amanda Hocking is known as one of the pioneers of self-publishing success. She self-published several young adult paranormal novels and gained a massive following, selling over a million copies of her books online. Her success caught the attention of traditional publishers, and she eventually signed a multi-million dollar book deal.
Hugh Howey – Hugh Howey’s dystopian science fiction novel, “Wool,” started as a self-published e-book series on Amazon. The series gained a loyal fan base and attracted the attention of major publishers. Howey eventually landed a print-only deal while retaining the e-book rights, allowing him to continue self-publishing and maintaining control over his work.
Andy Weir – Andy Weir’s novel “The Martian” was initially self-published as a serialized story on his website. The book gained popularity, and readers urged Weir to publish it as an e-book on Amazon. It quickly became a bestseller, leading to a publishing deal and a critically acclaimed film adaptation starring Matt Damon.
Beatrix Potter – Beatrix Potter, beloved for her children’s books featuring characters like Peter Rabbit, initially self-published “The Tale of Peter Rabbit” after facing rejection from multiple publishers. Her self-published book caught the attention of Frederick Warne & Co., who saw its potential and offered her a publishing deal. This marked the beginning of her successful career as a children’s author.
These authors’ journeys highlight the power of self-publishing and the opportunities it can bring. They took control of their own publishing destiny and found success through their perseverance, talent, and the support of their readers. Self-publishing allowed them to reach a global audience, and their achievements paved the way for many other aspiring authors to follow suit.
If you’re an aspiring writer, self-publishing can provide a platform for you to showcase your work and connect with readers. With the right combination of quality writing, effective marketing, and perseverance, self-publishing can open doors to traditional publishing deals, literary recognition, and a dedicated fan base. So, don’t be discouraged if traditional publishing routes seem challenging—consider self-publishing as a viable and rewarding option to kick-start your writing career.